ISCAS and SIC enable top-class international academic careers
The Sino-Europe Institute of Dependable and Smart Software enables unique opportunities for academic careers at Saarland Informatics Campus in Saarbrücken, Germany, in cooperation with ISCAS.
Each year, the following opportunities are earmarked for the joint cooperation.
- 10 PhD Student positions
- 5 PostDoc positions
- 10 internships (from 6 weeks to 6 months)
For all these options, financial funding is provided well above basic living costs in Germany. They range from scholarship funding while preparing for PhD (of at least 800€ per month) to full appointments in the dissertation and postdoc phase.
- SIC – who we are
With its 800 researchers and 1900 students from 81 countries, the Saarland Informatics Campus belongs to one of the leading locations for Informatics in Germany and in Europe. All areas of computer science are covered at globally renowned research institutes and collaborating university departments, as well as in a total of 18 academic programs.The Saarbrücken Graduate School of Computer Science is funded by the German Excellence Initiative and comprises all doctoral education and training in computer science at Saarland University in collaboration with 7 internationally recognized research institutes at the Saarland Informatics Campus (SIC):
- Department of Computer Science, Saarland University
- CISPA – Helmholtz Center for Information Security
- Max Planck Institute for Informatics – MPI-Inf
- Max Planck Institute for Software Systems – MPI-SWS
- German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence – DFKI
- Cluster of Excellence: Multimodal Computing and Interaction – MMCI
- Center for Bioinformatics – CBI
- Center for Perspicuous Computing – CPEC
The Saarbrücken Graduate School of Computer Science is responsible for all PhD candidates in computer science at SIC. Saarland University is the degree-granting Institution.
- SIC – a broad spectrum
Over 70 possible PhD supervisors along with an additional 120 post-doc researchers from all over the world provide a broad spectrum of research topics covering almost all of computer science. Candidates need not have settled on a research topic or already have a supervisor in order to join the program. More than half of our graduate students come from outside Germany. Applications for admission to our program are invited.
- SIC – what we offer
- A welcoming and stimulating international research environment with an exceptional concentration of computer science expertise.
- Full financial support throughout the program. All in all, over 50M € yearly supports Saarbrücken Computer Science, providing great infrastructure and funding for our students and faculty.
- Comprehensive mentoring program with doctoral supervision seen as a common responsibility of the whole faculty.
- Professional training in soft skills workshops.
- Modest cost of living in Saarland close to France at the crossroads between Frankfurt and Paris, Strasbourg and Luxembourg.
- SIC – your qualifications
PhD: You are about to complete your studies in Computer Science or in a related field with an outstanding Bachelor‘s degree or higher. Besides academic excellence, you should bring along talent and passion for research. Proficiency in English is a must.
- SIC – meet us at the summer camp of ISCAS
We are presenting our program, the application procedure, our research groups and their current research work, as well as the full teaching curriculum in the ISCAS SUMMER CAMP 2019.
- SIC – any more questions
For further information please visit our website. You could also talk to us in mid July 2019: